VILLAGE SAVINGS & LOANS ASSOCAITION
A Village Savings and Loan Association (VSLA) is a group of people who save together and take small loans from those savings. The activities of the group run in cycles of one year, after which the accumulated savings and the loan profits are distributed back to members.
- Comprises of 10-30 membership
- Weekly contribution of agreed number of shares per member as per the group’s constitution as savings.
- Payment of weekly social funds
- All loans should be engineered from Hopeline Microfinance unless special cases.
- The group will sit for a period of one and half years cycle before it shares out.
- Share out must be communicated at least one month before it will be honoured
- All withdrawals must be communicated at least a week before it will be honoured
- All these instructions should be ensured by the Field Relationship officer in charge
- Must be a self – selected group members
- Must know and trust each other and must be in the same community
- Must have a constitution
- Must be economically sound / active